A perfect looking hair is achievable, you know that right? You didn’t! Well, now you do. You can look flawless without going through the stress of time and money. Flawless and great locks without split ends, short length, and frizz.
Do you know why this is achievable? That’s because we have tape in hair extensions to the rescue. Hair extensions are quite the popular hair accessories to have at the moment, but unlike the rest of the hair extensions, tape in hair extensions are healthier and safer. How? They don’t cause stress on the scalp. Unlike other extensions where you have to clip in, sew in, weave in or tack in with toxic glue that will affect your hair, you only have to stick them on your hair like a sticker. There is a store highly recommend, named Amazing Beauty Hair Extensions.*
They are perfectly designed to give you a natural and flawless look and at the same time, they are partially permanent. The last 5 – 6 weeks on an average if they are properly maintained and cared for.
So, how do you care for your tape in hair extensions? Pretty simple, we’ve got tips that will help you care for it perfectly, all you have to do is to keep on scrolling.
Tip 1: Brush your tape in hair extensions correctly and regularly. Brush your hair extensions at least twice daily; in the morning and in the night. Brush it out before taking a shower or let it dry completely after you shower before brushing it. Your hair is weakest when it is wet because the water used on the hair will make it quite soft. Any irritation or agitation caused to it by the brush when your hair is wet will only lead to breakages and damages. Ensure that you use an extension brush or a natural brush for the perfect brushing experience. Brush it also from the bottom and work your way to the top of your hair to prevent tangles and knots.
Tip 2: Wash your hair correctly with the right shampoo. Washing your hair regularly but not often is the trick to care for your tape in hair extensions. Washing at least twice a week and at most four times a week makes your hair extensions last longer. If you feel that you need to wash your hair regularly due to greasiness, products and oil build up just making use of dry shampoo. Don’t scrub the taped areas roughly as it would only cause the taped areas to be loose and make your hair look rough, instead make use of your fingers to massage through the hair extensions.
Tip 3: Style your tape in hair extensions in the exact manner as you would style your hair. Avoid using heat styling tools as they will only damage your hair in ways you can never imagine. If you absolutely must, make sure that you apply heat protectant products beforehand.
Tip 4: Watch the way you sleep. Brush your hair before you sleep reduces the number of tangles you’ll wake up to find in your hair. Pack your hair into a ponytail or a loose braid after you’ve brushed it free from tangles, or get yourself silk bedsheets and pillowcases to minimize the tangling during the tossing and turning at night.
If that seems like such a huge stress for you let’s break it down for you in simple terms.
- Brush your hair extensions twice a day (morning and night).
- Brush it before you go into the shower or when it is completely dry.
- Brush it from the bottom of the hair to the top to reduce stress, pulling and tangles.
- Use a natural hair brush or a hair extensions brush.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo to cleanse the build up in the extension.
- Wash it 2 – 4 times a week.
- Apply dry shampoo on your off days. Apply from the middle to the tips, never at the ends.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to prevent frizz and tangles.
- Avoid rough scrubbing the taped areas of the extension.
- Never go to bed with wet hair, pat it dry with a cotton t-shirt.
- Never use heat styling tools and techniques on your hair extensions.
- Always make sure you use quality heat protectant products on it whenever you style with heat tools.
- Reapply the tapes whenever they grow old and wear off from the roots.
- We told you that it’s quite easy to take care of tape in hair extensions, didn’t we?
Tape-in hair extensions are really here to stay and they reduce the pain and discomfort associated with sewing strips to your scalp or the long-term health hazards of fixing hair with some toxic glue are completely absent with tape-in extensions. All you need to do is to tape it in and rock it out.