With the amount of skincare brands and products out there, it’s important to know how to build a skincare routine that is right for you. Check out the points below.
There is nothing more daunting than being told that you have to look after your skin every single day for a whole life. Finding and committing to that skincare routine is a task and a half, and the number of products on the market can make the entire routine more complicated than it should be. You may not know why your face needs more than soap and water, and it’s going to feel so much easier to skip out on the whole thing!
The problem with doing that is skipping your skincare routine is going to end with you having dry, haggard looking skin that you can easily fix with the right routine. You’ll look more tired, older, greyer – there’s a lot of things that you don’t want to look at and it’s older than you are!
You can get all the knowledge you need from the School of Natural Skincare, but in this article we’re going to tell you just how to build on that skincare routine of yours. Let’s take a closer look at what you should be doing to get this right.
Image source: Pexels
SOME TIPS FOR YOU
- Every single morning, you need to start your routine before work. Get into the habit of getting up ten minutes earlier to make sure that your skin is well cared for.
- Keep up with your water and make sure that you are hydrated. Skin can only flourish when you are feeding it well, and your skin cells are begging for water! You need to make it a habit to drink enough water throughout the day, and you will find that it can reduce your dry skin very quickly if you are hydrating properly.
- Keep up with wearing SPF every morning. Whether you choose a specific SPF or you pick a moisturiser loaded with it, you need to protect your face from the sun. The UV rays, the heat and more need to be protected against. Sunblock will stop your skin from being burnt and damaged by the sun, and you can even get an SPF-infused concealer!
- Each night, make sure that you are using anti-aging products to counteract any skin damage through the day that occurred.
- Stop using makeup remover wipes. You should consider the fact that remover wipes have alcohol in them and these may remove makeup, but they don’t do your skin any favors.
- Use the right serum with your routine and you will ensure that you reduce the appearance of scars and sunspots. You can buy serums with vitamin E and salicylic acid, too, which will help you to improve the health of your skin.
- Moisturise. No matter what you choose to do, you need to use a great moisturiser. You should ensure that it’s a hydrating moisturiser and you will find that your skin is hungry for it! Add it to your evening routine so that before you sleep, your skin is well hydrated and ready for the following day.
Now you know how to build your skincare routine, you can go and get the products to get started!