“Larimar’s soft, soothing blues and calming turquoise is streaked with white patterns that resemble sunlight dancing beneath the crystalline Caribbean waters.”
«Los suaves y relajantes azules de larimar y su tranquilizante color turquesa son alterados por movimientos blancos que se parecen a la luz del sol bailando debajo de las cristalinas aguas del Caribe.»
What happens when you mix exotic Dominican gemstones and exquisite German designs? Well, Larimar.com happens! Larimar.com is a fine jewelry online store based in Germany which creates the classiest and most elegant designs for modern-day woman using true Larimar stone. Their site is flooded by striking beautiful pendants, rings, bracelets, cuffs, earrings and necklaces, all of them available to be shipped worldwide for free. I was kindly sent this Gridden Cuff which is polished with 925 Sterling Silver and has an oval cut Larimar Stone at the center. The quality of this bracelet cuff is unreal! Needless to say, the real product looks exactly as portrayed in the site.
Qué pasa cuando mezclas exóticas gemas dominicanas y los exquisitos diseños alemanes? Bueno, Larimar.com es lo que pasa! Larimar.com es una tienda de joyería fina localizada en Alemania que crea los diseños más elegantes y con clase para la mujer moderna usando la verdadera piedra larimar. Su sitio está lleno de bellísimos pendientes, anillos, brazaletes, pulseras, aros y collares, todos ellos disponibles para ser enviados a todo el mundo. Me enviaron muy amablemente este brazalete Gridden Cuff pulido con plata esterlina 925 y lleva una piedra larimar de corte ovalado en el centro. La calidad de este brazalete es irreal! Sin mencionar que el producto real se ve exactamente como se muestra en su sitio.
Larimar stone is found only in the Caribbean waters of the Dominican Republic where it’s said to be a part of the legendary Atlantis. An ancient prophet once declared that what made Atlantis special was its blue gem that bears healing powers. Because of its striking resemblance, Larimar is then named as the Atlantis Stone.
Besides being a stunning gemstone, this beauty is also said to have some particular healing uses and purposes:
- Larimar is one of the cardinal Water element stones, yet is born of Fire in its volcanic origins. One of the few crystals to balance the polarities of these energies, Larimar cools tempers and calms fears and relieves stress.
- A stone of clear communication, it has a distinct vibration that aids you to communicate with clarity. If you are a singer, it is a very helpful stone to wear close to the throat, as it will support the health of the voice and enhance your singing.
- It is known to assist the removal of energy blockages, especially in the throat, chest, neck area and head.
- It helps to dissolve emotional barriers and to release stored negative emotions such as angry thoughts, remembered pain and other detrimental emotions that are not benefiting you.
- As it is a crystal of serenity, it promotes relaxation in every aspect, which makes it perfect for meditation.
- It is a wonderful stone for mothers, during and after pregnancy. It helps in alleviating post-partum depression, and relaxes the stress associated with new parenthood.
- Its vibration will aid you to forgive others that may have caused you difficulties, and to release deep seated emotional pain, resentment and fear.
Taking all this in mind, I styled it with a light blue turtleneck and mani. It was really cold out there for me to pretend being in a tropical beach and wearing summer clothing, lol.
If you also want to carry a piece of the Caribbean with you (literally) then make sure to visit http://larimar.com/collections/larimar-jewelry and dive into their stunning pieces. Every single one of them is conceived, designed, and handcrafted in the ‘cradle of Larimar’ – in the Dominican Republic with a high respect for the ethical work standards and a fair-wage-policy to their craftsmen.
Have you ever heard about this stone before? Do you like it? Let me know in the comments!
Larimar cuff by Larimar.com
*Sponsored. All opinions are mine, tho.
**References: Larimar.com, Crystalvaults.com, Healing-crystals-for-you.com, Wikipedia.