This post needs no introduction. In words of Lupita Nyong’o “Everybody knows Michael Jackson and everybody knows the Oscars”. So let’s check some of the most outstanding gowns of the night, including the good and the bad from the 86th Academy Awards Red Carpet. Don’t forget to leave your picks for Best and Worst Dressed in the comments! 😉
PS, check this and all the Golden Globes and SAG Awards looks on my Facebook page clicking here and here. Like, comment or share your favorites from this season’s red carpets!
BEST DRESSED – MY PICKS
1. Rosamund Pike – Givenchy. This was definitely a WOW dress. Love the details and the way that deep red color looks on her pale skin. The matching shoes were a risk, but I’m digging it!)
2. Reese Witherspoon – Tom Ford. Simple, classy, elegant. This dress is perfection. Her hair and make-up are also flawless. Love, love, love!
3. Dakota Johnson – Saint Laurent. Well, I’ve got a thing for red, apparentely. I think this is a simple but gorgeous dress. Her make-up is picture-perfect. The only «but» could be the hair, maybe something a little more formal would have worked better. But overall I like this whole look.
WORST DRESSED – MY PICKS
Beautiful girls in the wrong gowns… However, this year I didn’t «HATE» any outfit, I just disliked them…
1. Lady Gaga – Azzedine Alaïa. At least she looks «normal» for being Gaga, tho. But the red gloves, c’mon. HOWEVER, she looked really beautiful on stage during her performance 🙂
2. Felicity Jones – Alexander McQueen. Let me explain why. Heavy embellishment on the top + too much fabric on the bottom = the dress makes you look WIDER. That fabric dropping from both sides of her hips is not flattering.
3. Nicole Kidman – Louis Vuitton. Again, I’m not hating it, I just don’t feel it. The color combination is kind of strange and I think her purse has nothing to do with the dress.
NOW THE REST OF THE LOOKS!!
Emma Stone – Elie Saab
Lupita Nyong’o – Calvin Klein
America Ferrera – Jenny Packham
Julianne Moore – Chanel
Anna Kendrick – Thakoon
Oprah Winfrey – Vera Wang
Gwyneth Paltrow – Ralph & Russo
Cate Blanchett – Maison Martin Margiela
Zoe Saldana – Versace
Chloe Moretz – Miu Miu
Scarlett Johanson – Versace
Jennifer Hudson – Romona Keveza
Kerry Washignton – Miu Miu
Naomi Watts – Armani
Jennifer Lopez – Elie Saab
Sienna Miller – Oscar de la Renta
Anna Faris – Zuahir Murad
Viola Davis – Zac Posen
Jennifer Aniston – Versace
Marion Cotillard – Dior
Rita Ora – Marchesa
Patricia Arquette – Rosetta Getty
Margot Robbie – Sain Laurent
Keira Knightley – Valentino
Jessica Chastain – Givenchy
Sources: telegraph.co.uk – yahoo.com – tomandlorenzo.com (First photo: marieclaire.com)