Hey babes! I’m so happy to be writing a new skincare review, it’s been a while! A few weeks ago I received this amazing PR box from Good Molecules* and I started testing it for brand new review.
Good Molecules is a cruelty-free skincare brand (with the cutest and brightest packaging). Their products are eco-friendly from the very beginning: as soon as you take a look at the box, you can read it was made with FSC Mixed Paper (the FSC Recycled label means all the wood or paper in the product comes from reclaimed or re-used material), and printed with soy ink.
I love the coherence in this brand, they take their ingredient lists seriously, make products free of harmful chemicals, lets you know clearly what you’re putting on your face and explain clearly what their packaging is made of. It gives me a feeling of transparency and trustworthiness.
The cute and colorful box included a Niacinamide Brightening Toner, a Silicone-Free Priming Moisturizer, a Daily Brightenign Serum and a Hyaluronic Acid Serum. This combination proved to be a killer that changed my skincare game!!
Let’s break it down. Click on the subtitles to be directed to their respective product pages where you can see prices and full list of ingredients.
NIACINAMIDE BRIGHTENING TONER
- Nacinamide: vitamin B3 – brightens and improves the apprearence of enlarged pores, uneven skin tones, dullness and blemishes.
- Vitamin C: boosts skin’s ability to defend itself against free radical damage and promotes collagen production.
- Arbutin: improves the look of hyperpigmentation.
- Licorice root extract: soothes inflammation and inhibits excess melanin production.
First thing I loved about this toner is that is alcohol-free and vegan. I used it for a few weeks and my pores, which are not extremely enlarged but I see them and find them annoying, are even less visible. It also gives me a nice glow (not the greasy kind), and doesn’t dry my skin as some other toners in the past did. 10/10!!
Other details: Size 120ml – pH 6.2 – Vegan – Alcohol-free – Never tested on animals.
HYALURONIC ACID SERUM
- Three types of hyaluronic acid: their different molecular weights allow it to penetrate multiple layers of the skin for deep hydration.
- Vitamin B5: a water-soluble vitamin that hydrates and nourishes the skin.
As a regular user of hyaluronic acid AND serums for years, I find this serum a perfect addition to any skincare routine. I applying right after washing and cleansing my face, while my skin is still a bit damp, and before my usual night cream. My skin looks plump and soft in the morning.
One day when I looked extra tired, I applied the serum in the morning too for an extra boost of plump, freshness and hydration to my appearence.
Other details: Size: 30ml – pH 5.59 – Vegan – Gluten-free – Fragrance-fee – Never tested on animals.
SILICONE-FREE PRIMING MOISTURIZER
- Shea butter: helps soothe and heal skin with antioxidant vitamin E.
- Macadamia seed oil: nourishes and promotes skin cell regeneration.
- Plant-derived silicone alternative: helps smooth skin texture and plump up fine lines.
- Fatty acids: essential fatty acids from olive oil help protect and strengthen the skin’s barrier function while delivering moisture deep within the skin.
The holy grail of primers and mositurizers. I LOVE the fact this product can be easily used as both. I’m not a fan on layering up too many products pre-makeup, so the fact my moisturizer can also be my primer makes me really happy, plus it feels lightweight. My skin texture is perfectly ready for makeup after minutes of applying this and my oily T zone is not compromised.
Other details: Size 50ml – Silicone-free – Fragrance-free – Alcohol-free – Mineral oil-free – PEG-free – Vegan – Never tested on animals.
DAILY BRIGHTENING SERUM
- Beta arbutin: inhibits excess melanin production.
- Hyaluronic acid: binds to moisture and draws it into the skin.
While I use the Hyaluronic Acid Serum at night, I use this one in the morning, alternating it with the Niacinamide Brightening Toner. I usually don’t feel safe using a «brightening» or «lightening» product but this one has beta arbutin, which is a cleaner and safer alternative to the traditional skin lightening agent, hydroquinone. My skin looks glowy and healthy, I feel I have my 20 year old face again.
Other details: Size 30ml – pH 5.32 – Never tested on animals
Overall, this combination of products resulted in a real game changer for my skin. I feel it genuinely healthier and with a younger-looking appearence. Many of these ingredients were new to me and non of them had a bad reaction on my skin.
I’m impressed by the level of detail of Good Molecules, and I’ll surely buy their products from now on. I love supporting cruelty-free, envorimental-friendly brands, and I feel like Good Molecules deserves my money. That’s one of the best compliements I gave in one of my reviews and it’s only because I genuinely loved each and every product I tested.